Duck Duck Moose, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy, is an award-winning creator of educational children’s applications. We are looking for a talented full-time, in-house Animator to join our Creative Team and focus on the execution of a variety of projects and future products. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding animations for mobile products and promotional videos. Our ideal candidate will have a deep passion for great design, an outstanding attention to detail, an excellent sense of humor, and a love of games and children’s media.
Our Animator will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing motion animations in a variety of forms, styles, and lengths, within our application framework and for marketing materials. Your work will make an impact on families and young children all over the world.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience in multimedia design, motion graphics, video editing, and animation in a studio, agency, or startup environment
- Expert-level knowledge of After Effects and the latest Adobe Creative Suite software
- Ability to work closely with Engineers to implement animations within an application environment and stay aware of technical constraints
- Ability to collaborate with the Creative Team, Engineers, and Product Managers to solve problems and create the future of educational children’s apps
- Experience animating human and non-human characters in 2D
- Flexibility when it comes to creating new designs or taking finished designs and animating them
- Great eye for design, visual storytelling, and principles of animation
- Must be able to provide a demo reel or portfolio of relevant work demonstrating video, motion design, and post-production skills
- Ability to work locally in our office in San Mateo, CA
- Illustration and sketching skills
- Experience animating in 3D
- Experience in game development animation
- User interface design experience and understanding of UX
- BFA/MFA in related field or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary
- Great Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- A fun, supportive team and flexible work opportunities
- Weekly team lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- MacBook and Cintiq 22HD
About Duck Duck Moose (A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. Our team includes industry leaders from Disney, IDEO, Teach for America (Teach for All), Siebel Systems, Oracle, Zynga, and successful startups. Duck Duck Moose has joined Khan Academy, a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.