Director – Partnerships and Strategy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for children, is now part of the Khan Academy family. The team has recently launched Khan Academy Kids, a free, fun educational app with thousands of activities and books to inspire a lifetime of learning for children ages 2-6.
The Khan Academy Kids team is looking for an experienced Director of Partnerships and Strategy who is excited to join a small team to solve a big problem. You will work with the product, philanthropy, and marketing teams to identify and build strategic partnerships and relationships that will increase the distribution of Khan Kids to children who need strong educational resources the most. Relationship management, communication, and analytical skills form the desired skill set for this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying, building and managing relationships with strategic partnerships to increase the distribution of Khan Academy Kids at scale.
- Partnering closely with the marketing team to increase awareness of Khan Academy Kids across channels.
- Working with the Khan Academy philanthropy team to develop and maintain relationships with investors and donors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business development, marketing and/or strategy.
- Experience executing on a vision by identifying, developing and creating opportunities with potential partners, turning them into mutually beneficial collaborations that balance complex organizational goals.
- Knowledge of children’s media industry and how children use technology. Experience with low-income communities is ideal.
- Product experience and the ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the product, communicate the product vision to potential partners, and work with product team to prioritize new features to support partnerships.
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively in multiple formats, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations.
- A deep network of contacts and a bold, amicable approach to connecting with influencers in the education and fundraising sectors.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to operate strategically as a leader but also willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with the team. We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a small, nimble team.
- Ability to work full-time in our office in San Mateo, CA.
- A deep passion for impacting young children around the world and contributing to Khan Academy’s mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere!
Bonus points if you have:
- MBA or Master’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Previous background in management consulting or investment banking
- Product analytics understanding and product management experience
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed
- A high-caliber team that believes in the importance of having a great day-to-day experience
- Catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages, including the best Chocolate Ice Cream in the World
- The opportunity to work on software and programs that are already impacting the future of learning
- The ability to improve real lives and put your talents toward a deeply meaningful mission
- The opportunity to even the playing field in education and serve an underserved space
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
About Khan Academy | Duck Duck Moose
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. In 2016, Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps, joined Khan Academy and formed the Khan Academy Kids team. The company has created 22 top-selling titles and has received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Like all Khan Academy offerings, Khan Academy Kids and all Duck Duck Moose apps are 100% free, without ads or subscriptions.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.