Early Learning Writer/Author
Duck Duck Moose, a subsidiary of the non-profit Khan Academy, is an award-winning creator of educational children’s mobile applications. We are looking for a passionate Early Learning Writer/Author to join our team and write engaging reading material for Preschool through Kindergarten children. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding educational experiences for early learners on our new mobile product. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced writer, with teaching and/or direct experience with preschool/Kindergarten kids, who is looking to scale their impact and teach young children around the world how to read and write.
Our Early Learning Writer will be responsible for writing new reading content for our early learning ELA curriculum in the form of engaging fiction and non-fiction text for early readers. This position is a part-time contract position.
Skills and Requirements
- Previous experience writing books or other reading material for preschool and Kindergarten aged children required
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a small, nimble team
- Ability to collaborate with the Creative Team, Engineers, and Product Managers to solve problems and create new educational experiences
- Ready to educate young children around the world and contribute to Khan Academy’s mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere!
- Relevant experience teaching preschool and Kindergarten
- Deep expertise in early learning literacy skills and ELA Kindergarten standards
- Previously published children’s book author
- Experience working in low-income communities
- Competitive compensation
- A fun, supportive team and flexible work opportunities
Other ways to get involved
Please forward your resume and any writing samples to email@example.com.