Early Learning Specialist
Duck Duck Moose, a subsidiary of the non-profit Khan Academy, is an award-winning creator of educational children’s applications. We are looking for a passionate Early Learning Specialist to join our team and focus on designing and structuring our Preschool through Kindergarten curriculum and content. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding educational experiences for early learners on our new mobile product. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced teacher who is looking to scale their impact and teach young children and families all over the world.
Our Early Learning Specialist will be responsible for designing and helping to implement our early learning curriculum. This position may be a part-time or full-time position, depending on the experience of the candidate.
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years of relevant experience teaching preschool and Kindergarten
- Deep expertise in early learning, ELA, Math and other subjects
- Understanding of developmental milestones, state and national standards, and different educational philosophies and approaches
- Experience developing creative, fun, and engaging lessons for a wide range of early learners
- Knowledge of how children use technology and an interest in children’s media
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a small, nimble team
- Ability to collaborate with the Creative Team, Engineers, and Product Managers to solve problems and create new educational experiences
- Ability to work in our office in San Mateo, CA (highly preferred)
- Ready to educate young children around the world and contribute to Khan Academy’s mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere!
- Ph.D. / Master’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in low-income communities
- Competitive compensation
- A fun, supportive team and flexible work opportunities
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.