Duck Duck Moose, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy, is an award-winning creator of educational children’s applications. We are looking for a talented full-time, in-house Production Artist to join our Creative Team and focus on the execution of a variety of projects and future products. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding products. Our ideal candidate will have an interest in design, an outstanding attention to detail, an excellent sense of humor, and a love of games and children’s media.
Our Production Artist will be responsible for preparing existing graphics and multimedia for implementation on various devices. You will also contribute to the design of some device-specific interface elements, graphic assets, and production work related to current and future apps.
Skills and Requirements
- Expert-level knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite software
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Creative Team and Engineers to produce assets to spec for use on iOS, Android, and web
- Excellent organization, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work well both independently and under the direction of others
- Online portfolio demonstrating a variety of projects
- Ability to work locally in our office in San Mateo, CA
- Illustration skills
- Animation and video production skills
- B.S./B.A. in related field or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary
- Great Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- A fun, supportive team and flexible work opportunities
- Weekly team lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- MacBook and Cintiq 22HD
About Duck Duck Moose (A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. Our team includes industry leaders from Disney, IDEO, Teach for America (Teach for All), Siebel Systems, Oracle, Zynga, and successful startups. Duck Duck Moose has joined Khan Academy, a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.