Senior Product Designer
Duck Duck Moose, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy, is an award-winning creator of educational children’s applications. We are looking for a talented full-time, in-house Product Designer to join our Creative Team and focus on the execution of a variety of projects and future products. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding products. Our ideal candidate will have an interest in design, an outstanding attention to detail, an excellent sense of humor, and a love of games and children’s media.
Our Senior Product Designer will be responsible for contributing to various stages of design projects from conceptualization through implementation and create production-ready artwork. You will generate wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes. Your work will make an impact on families and young children all over the world.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 7+ years of relevant product experience on major releases in an agency or startup environment
- Expert-level knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite software
- Proficiency with prototyping tools
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- UI/UX experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Creative Team, Engineers, and Product Managers to solve problems and create the future of educational children’s apps
- Provide feedback to team members to move designs forward
- Communicate effectively through wireframes and mockups
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect assets as deliverables
- HTML/CSS and understanding of web design principles
- Online portfolio demonstrating a variety of mobile and web projects
- Available to work Full-Time in San Mateo, CA
- Illustration and sketching skills
- Animation and video production skills
- BFA/MFA in related field or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary
- Great Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- A fun, supportive team and flexible work opportunities
- Weekly team lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- MacBook and Cintiq 22HD
About Duck Duck Moose (A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. Our team includes industry leaders from Disney, IDEO, Teach for America (Teach for All), Siebel Systems, Oracle, Zynga, and successful startups. Duck Duck Moose has joined Khan Academy, a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.