PALO ALTO (April 21, 2010) – Award-winning independent children’s app developer Duck Duck Moose today is pleased to announce the launch of Fish School 1.0 for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. In this interactive app, colorful schools of fish transform themselves into different letters, numbers, shapes, colors, matching games, and more. Fish School includes 8 fun educational activities that will engage children:
1. Letters: Learn the alphabet. Watch fish make the letters and discover that “A is for apple…”
2. Numbers: Learn numbers by counting fish from 1 to 20.
3. Shapes: Follow the fish as they make different shapes.
4. Abc Song: Sing this favorite song and watch as the letters change to match the song!
5. Colors: Pick a swimming fish of any color, and watch the ocean scene transform into that color.
6. Differences: Figure out “Which fish does not belong?”
7. Matching: Find the matching fish in this memory game.
8. Playtime: Play with a sea of colorful fish and watch what happens when you touch them. Tap a fish to make it swim faster. Drag a fish to move it. Hold down a fish to make it grow bigger.
Music recorded especially for this app includes the popular ABC Song and Mozart variations on the melody, performed by violin and cello.
Pricing and Availability:
Fish School – by Duck Duck Moose is available on iTunes for $.99 (USD). Fish School HD – by Duck Duck Moose is available on iTunes for $1.99.
Duck Duck Moose is the award-winning creator of educational children’s applications for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It was founded in 2008 by three friends who are parents themselves, and share a passion for children, music, education, design, and play. Duck Duck Moose’s top-selling iPhone apps include: Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. All three apps have made it into the Top 100 List overall in the App Store, and each has been either the #1 Educational app or the #1 Kids Game in iTunes. Wheels on the Bus was featured as one of The New York Times’ “Best iPhone Apps for Kids” and won the KAPi Award for “Best Children’s App” at the 2010 International CES. Old MacDonald and Wheels on the Bus both won the Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design. Copyright (C) 2010 Duck Duck Moose. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.